13 April 2009

Everyday Ramblings

Well, nothing much has happened. I had a busy week last week, lot of work to do. This week may not be so hectic. The town is getting noisy due to the upcoming elections. I have to admit I am a little excited.

I have not got much reading done. I did finish the Jonny Cash collection. This world movie buff I wrote to replied. He obviousely knows more about these movies than I do. Hopefully I will get over myself and learn something.

A dear and famous monk died day before yesterday. His name was HH Sushameendra Theerta. He was a very pious man. He wasn't an erudite scholar or a expert or a particularly good speaker, but was nevertheless a greatly admired and followed man. He was almost the personification of what we call 'satvic' the inherent experssion of goodness.

I am not feeling particularly good today. I have a feeling of discomfort, not to mention the summer is not making it any easier.

That's about it.

3 comments:

  1. We need more people with an inherent expression of goodness :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Story Teller,

    About the Guermantes Way. I've been plodding along for a year. The book contains endless parties and receptions. Other Proust readers have advised that this is the dullest of all Proust's books, so I'm slogging away. I have less than 100 pages to go and am determined to finish.

    Odette

    ReplyDelete