4 May 2009

Today's Lunch, Yesterday's Party and some nonsense

Well the anniversary of my grand-father's death has past. I attended reluctantly and did not find is especially troubling. We also had a small party yesterday for my cousin who recently celebrated his birthday. I have to get back to my lessons and reading form today. I have been felling a little better of late. I could get up quite early today (at least in comparison to my bad days.) I have cooked a spread for lunch and am quite hungry now. I will sit down for lunch once I have studied some of my lessons.

Madame Bovary has not been easy to read. I have been busy the last couple of days and did not get much reading done. I will soon have a copy of Andrei Rublev (Tarkovsky) for myself. I have been downloading in from the Internet and am excited about it, although I have seen it twice. Ramayana has been stagnant.

The elections are coming to a close and it is only a few more days before we have the results. The usual chain of fantasies and thoughts have started in my head and I am trying not to fight them, at the same time trying not be consumed by them.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about Tarkovsky's films and am so eager to see them but as yet haven't done so. Which one do you think I should see first?

    Anniversaries of loved one's passing are tough...I can understand completely why you were reluctant. The anticipation of them can be so overwhelming. I think your grandpa gave you strength on the day to cope with the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of his movies are a must watch. I would recomend 'The steam-roller and the violin' for the first one. It is his thesis cinema he made at the end of his time in film school. We can see the simplicity of his vision in it. Have you watched any later versions of 'Solaris'?

    ReplyDelete