19 May 2009

Exams on the Way

I am feeling a little better today. My exams are coming up soon. I have studied reasonably and will need some revision. I think Arabian Nights is moving well. I have found a dude to help with my rock education. He has recommended Black Sabbath, Metallica and Pink Floyd to begin with. I have also got some AC/DC. Hope I will be able to make sense of them. I think I could listen form Chrys' listening lists too. Perhaps I will have the time and patience after my exams.

I am a little undecided about my reading list. I am torn between something Russian and something dystopian. I did consider at length to try and read something pleasant, but I cannot stay away from my kind of books for long.

My mother thinks I should start my writing course ASAP. I told her yesterday that taking a writing course will not fix me or my problems. I shouldn't attach unreasonable expectations to a simple course. She didn't like that line of thought. I am working very hard to detach unrealistic expectations form the course I may take because it will stress me otherwise and only make matters more difficult to handle.

I watched the movie Samsara (2001). Well I started and found on chapter 11 of the DVD that the subtitles are corrupted. I do not have a duplicate of the film. I either will have to download it again or watch it with the messed up subtitles. Well... Life is hard...

Lidia asked me for suggestions from Tarkovsky. I have watched many of his movies but never really appreciated his first. I have not watched 'The Steamroller and the Violin' in a very long time. I should download it at the earliest. I wonder why I forget the earlier works of an artist once I see the advanced and matured works he has produced later in life. I find the earlier works more interesting than anything else. This is true with Joyce, Hemingway, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Mahesh Bhat, Satyajit Ray, Jackson Pollock and so many more. I wonder if losing interest in the beginnings and earlier works is a part of growing up oneself. If so, then I don't like it. Maybe, I could call it 'The portrait of me as a young man', but that is way too pretentious.

I haven't got to Ramayana and Garuda of late. I have eaten way too many eclairs and too little of fruits. I think I can fix that as I have got my fridge full of Jack-fruit now.

The elections are of course over and the results are out. The media coverage was so meticulous that it was numbing and I doubt anyone missed it.

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment