6 March 2009

Yaaaahooo

Again the Shammi Kapoor one, not the Internet company.

Thanks to Lidia from Australia and Chrys wandering somewhere in India.

I must admit I am feeling a little better. My head is beginning to twirl with stories again. I haven't written anything. This blog is all that I have written of late. Monotony has never scared me. I sometimes prefer it. However I currently am doing nothing and and feeling better. Perhaps I could get back to my routine once I return from Hosaritti.

I have always tried to dodge the aspect of mortality and suffering. I never visited people in hospitals. Still try to avoid it. The case of my grandfather was no different. I avoided visiting him after he was diagnosed with cancer. After a few days I felt better. I assumed that my depression had driven me in that direction. I immediately visited him. I shall never regret it. He however, as fate would have it, passed on a few weeks later. As I have already said I was with him for most of his last day.

Again when one of my uncles was diagnosed with cancer I withdrew into a shell. I didn't speak to anyone for several weeks. Then I did speak to him and promised him that I would chant and pray for him. In the end he did get better and we are still on very good terms. I am scared what I would do if I am faced with a similar situation with an immediate family member.

I once heard 'Being brave is a choice.' I hope I shall make the right choice.

I don't mean to sound deep or profound. I am (un)fortunate enough to think like this most of my life. I doubt if I have ever made a simple choice. I once remarked to a friend while recommending he read 'The Story of O', "You can be certain that you will not find a dying priest in it." 'O' is a erotic novel of the late 20th century. One of my favourites. I think, I like it because it explores human behavior and choices devoid of celestial or existential blah! blah! May be I am mistaken. I often am.

PS. Don't read 'The Story of O' if you are underage.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone reacts to death in the way they need to...in the way they are ready too. Sometimes very sensitive souls feel others' pain deeply and it shifts them into what you describe as a 'shell' and usually this is mixed or rooted with fear. When you're ready, you'll be shown other ways to confront and witness death...it's all a learning. I went from being very, very afraid of death to then watching my Mum pass away before me...now I have no fear...

    ReplyDelete