23 September 2008

one liners and other stuff

I have often fancied that I come up with great one liners. I admit mine may not be as good as ‘Got Milk?’ but they are certainly better than ‘Cheese, milk you can chew’. This rather peculiar talent has over the years helped me win many an arguments with no merit to my side. I just decided to document these one-liners as and when they come. I must warn you that not all of them are funny or good. Many of them may not even make sense. I promise every thing I write down made sense when I put it down although it may not at a later date.

I have been working on this one far sometime now and it is stuck and is not moving ahead. “Passion is the purpose of love, Love the purpose of beauty and Beauty the purpose of Life.”

*****

A practitioner of the illusionist branch of Hindu philosophy said, “Even nothing is not simple.”

*****

I watched Peter Sellers’ “Being There” recently and was very impressed. It really is beyond comparison to any other work of Peter Sellers. The Pink Panther series is often considered his best work but one must really watch “Being There”.

The irony and satire that the author invokes is so real that you have to watch it several times to understand the story. I hope to read Jerzy Kosinzksi’s novel on which the movie is based. If anyone happens to know a link where I could find it, do leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment