7 December 2011

It has been a long while since my last post.

I watched Apocalypse Now Redux. It is long an passionately edited movie. I liked most performances and the direction. It did seem at places that the director has become indulgent but the final product was admirable.

I became curious about several references in the movie. For example the abandoned Playboy Playmate gone crazy in the war zone, or the references the building of the bridge repeatedly. I tried to get info if it was based on fact but found little.


I finished reading Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe. Initially I found the constant Christian references irksome, but later came to realise that it was never meant to be a "secular" narrative. Stowe mixes critisism and appreciation of Christianity and presents a very compelling case. An excellent read.

I watched The Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy on TV. It is based on the popular Sci-fi novels. The story is mildly existential and a fun movie to watch. I call it mildly as the topics are skimmed upon without much deliberation. Of course it fares well as commercial-off beat movie.

Currently reading The Hunchback of Notredame by Hugo.

Hoping to watch The Dirty Picture the unauthorised biopic of Silk Smita *ing Vidya Balan.

No comments:

Post a Comment