3 September 2010

I have been really lazing off on the blogging every friday thing. I have made repeated resolutions... well that explains it. Resolutions are made once, a repeated resolution inherently describes a failure. Well, I am going to better from now on.

Since my last post I watched "The Godfather" Trilogy. I was impressed and very much liked all the characters. I have to admit I felt that it was a teensy-bit over-rated. Nevertheless, great films and great acting. It is a bit too long by english movie standards, but it is perfectly normal to have a 3[1/2] hour movie in India.

I watched Lars von Trier's Dancer in the Dark. Great movie. One of the few musicals that I have really liked. Björk is very good both in the acting and musical departments. I had a lot of difficutly in figureing out who Björk was. Then I came across a photo. She is the on who is famouos/notorious for having worn the 'dead swan' dress to the Oscars once. I am not really into fashion but I remember the dress and ample critique of the so called 'faux pax'.

Dusan Makavejev's Love Affair OR The Case of the Missing Switchboard Operator was beautiful. In his trademark docu-feature style he shows a small part of Yugoslavia, its people and its life. A simple crime story and a lot more at the same time.

I watched 'Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!' online. It is another of Abhay Deol's chain of off center Multiplex movies. Dibinkar Bannerjee has done an above average job in directing it. Abhay Deol, I admired a lot for working out of the cocoon, making movies that other leads in hindi cinema shied away from, but now it has become almost irritable predictable. He is typecast as the non-typecast hindi actor. I wish he would do some work where he is not so predictably original.

Currntly reading 'Thus Spake Zarathustra' by Nietzche. I have to admit I am finding it a bit difficult to follow. It has a several profound observation made in such a hurried fashion. It needs more than a re-read.

That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment