6 August 2010

See You Next Friday

It has been quite some time since my last post. I have decided to post every friday hence-forth. Hope that works out.

I did read 'The Travels of Marco Polo'. It certainly was marvelous. The way he captures what he saw in his travels in India, convinced me that he was very honest and prudent in his entire writing. Truly worth the read.

After that I listened to some of J. Krishnamurthy's speeches. I could follow some of the things he spoke of but I am afraid I need a lot more to learn, and maybe a little glad too.

I discovered Tuva or Mongolian throat singing. I had heard of it several times but recently got to listen to it. I downloaded some albums of Huun Huur Tu and some other bands. I have to say it was quite cool.

The hard one was 'The Catcher in the Rye' by J. D. Salinger. It started out very well indeed, but then I realised that it was simply about a young man/boy's decent into depression and mental illness. I almost went through my own breakdown as I proceeded with the book. At one point I wanted to stop, but kept going. I was glad when it ended. I think I will be able to appreciate it better when I am in a better place.

Currently reading 'The Satanic Verses' by Salman Rushdie. It started out gently. Then it went from controvertial to WOAH!! I have still not been able to make up my mind if the book was worth the Hullabaloo.

I watched a bunch of movies at home. I have planed to watch one each evening instead of watching junk on TV. I went to a theatre to see 'Udaan' directed by Vikramaditya Motwani. It was a big deal for me as I had not been in a theatre since like 1992. All that claustophobia, agoraphobia and what not!

That's about it

No comments:

Post a Comment