3 December 2009

Post

I have been pretty depressed for a while. I am not getting much studying done. I officially decided to take it easy on my studies and try to get some writing done.

My knee has been giving me more trouble. I went to he Orthopaedician and he gave me some common pain killers. He said if they don't help I might need some simple surgery.

I am still reading/listening to Bhagavat Gita Chapter 2. I watched Prozac Nation which has Cristina Ricci starring in it. It is a fairly good movie. It is unevenly paced and has an unexpected ending, maybe because it is based on a true story. I watched 'The Counterfeiters' which is a WW2 movie. It is not morose like many movies on the holocaust but consistently optimistic. It is a rather darker adult version of 'Life is Beautiful'. I am currently watching 'Khuda Key Liye' which a Pakistani movie based on terrorism and 9/11. It has an almost amateurist text-book style progress, but is still a very good watch as it keeps you involved.

The shrink is not that bad off late. She is trying to help. I am the stubborn one. I have to admit her efforts, some times a little too persistent, can be at times irritating.

I just came across a sholaka (couplet) which is a coded to reveal the value of Pi to 32 digits. I want to learn it by-heart.

3 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you watch a lot of movies and a read a lot by the sounds of it...the arts are great soul food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get a lot of reading done. I keep a book on my table, one by my bed and several on my MP3 player and read them simultantousely every chance I get. I do pretty much the same for movies. I keep the player loaded with the disks of movies I plan to watch. All I need to do is push the button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I'm the same with books - I've got them on my bedside, in my handbag, at my desk at work, on the iphone and of course on my bookshelves :)

    ReplyDelete