1 April 2010

It has been a really long time.

I finished reading Paradise Lost, shortly afterwards I started The Old Testament. I have to admit it is a bit of a drag. Some chapters are cool.

I found the hypnotherapist. I freaked out wondering if I should go, then decided to risk it. He lives in Vadodara (formerly Baroda). I made an appointment. He asked me to visit for a week. I booked the flight and freaked out a little more. I got there. It was a mixed experience. Hypnosis was nothing like I thought it would be. Went sightseeing around a little. It was terribly hot there. Apparently they had a heat wave and record highs. One day it was 47 C. Whew!

It took me a week to recover from the exhaustion. The doc advised me to take it easy and not look for results everyday. Let things happen.

On the up side he was convinced I was really intelligent. He went around introducing me to several people as 'super intelligent'. I have to admit that didn't hurt.

I watched 'Baise Moi'. It is a difficult watch. Based on a novel by Virginne Despentes. 'Satya' which is probably Ram Gopal Varma's best work.

I continued Anurag Kashyap with 'Gulal' and 'No Smoking'. I have been meaning to watch 'Rudali' based on the novel by Mahashewata Devi. Dimple Kapadia is very well directed by Kalpana Lajmi in it. I was impressed by Shayam Benegal's latest 'Welcome to Sajjanpur'. Clearly he can be entertaining and adaptive with changing audiences. The movie I watched last week was 'Last life in the Universe' by Pen ek Ratanaruang. Really cool movie. Very romantic and appealing. A must watch for anyone with a heart.

That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment