6 October 2009

October the 6th

Stuff has been happening. Nothing of much consequence.

I am currently reading Man who was Thursday. I am barely a few pages into it. I just finished Beyond Good and Evil, by Nietzsche. I liked it. I think I will read Thus Spake Zarathustra asap. Next on the list is Man's Search of Meaning by Victor Frankl. The new shrink wants to try some logo therapy.

I watched a bunch of movies. Aar Par, one of Guru Dutt's early works. I am working up his films to reach his masterpiece Pyasa. Then Mother India. It is supposed to be a classic, I felt it was a little overstated. It is nevertheless a great 70's movie. Then Chaundini Ka Chand, another of Guru Dutt's early works. Do Ankhen Barah Haath, which is supposed to be V Shantaram's masterpiece is what I am watching currently. A great interpretation of Gandhian philosophy. Over the weekend I watched The General (Buster Keaton) a silent movie and Zelary (Ondrej Trojan) a Czech movie on TV. I liked both. That is really a lot of movies, but I plan to watch more. I am getting up early and watching movies as I get ready in the mornings. Further on the list is the original Devdas.

I sent the form for the Writers course one month back. I think they have received it, but I haven't received a reply yet. It is probably one of a very few initiatives I have taken since I went crazy, so as much as I tell myself it isn't, it is a big deal.

My studies are going OK. I sort of fell of the wagon a few weeks back, now I am trying to stick to my schedules. I sort of '''forgot''' to go to the gym a few times, now I am trying not to 'forget', in fact I am going to the gym this afternoon.

I started listening to some rock music a while back on the advice of a friend. Currently I am listening to Black Sabbath. I am not sure I get it. '''Mindless generic Rock''' or Soulful music??? I don't know.

Deepavali is a few days away. The festival of lights blah! blah! I stopped celebrating it years back, now it is just another nuisance and a lot of noise in the streets.

One of the big things that happened was that the water pump in my house was fused. I got it replaced, but is it still temporary. It needs some work and installing but the contractor has been dragging me around. It really annoys me. Woe ye contractor!

A new restaurant opened up near by. The food is spicier than I like it to be.

I am smelling a dead something, outside, for a while now, but cannot trace where the stench comes from. Every time I looked for it, I lost it because it is very windy. I first suspected there was a dead rat or some rodent in the gutters, then maybe some dead bird. Now I am beginning to wonder if some neighbour is rotting in his house. I have no patience or energy to pursue the matter.

Done


No comments:

Post a Comment